Norwegian University of Science and Technology Tuition free International Masters Programs, Norway
- Host University: Norwegian University of Science and Technology;
- Host Country: Norway;
- Study Level: Postgraduate Level;
- Subjects available: All subjects;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: The Scholarship is open every year on 1st December.
Norwegian University of Science and Technology:
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology, as its name suggests, is a technological education and research institution in Norway, with a strong base in environmental sciences. The background is mixed with a large expertise in the traditional academic fields of the humanities, medicine and social sciences. Meanwhile, NTNU provides the most comprehensive teaching in the disciplines of art, music, visual arts and architecture of any university in Norway.
Norwegian University of Science and Technology’s faculty members are engaged in collaborations with researchers from around the world. In addition, they work with national and international companies and industries, including Norwegian public institutions. The research personnel are involved in approximately 2000 R&D projects annually, and they also host 20 to 30 major scientific conferences per year. NTNU personnel work together directly with two research institutes, the SINTEF Group and Allforsk, to help reduce the distance from the academic world to the industrial world. Norwegian University of Science and Technology concluded official agreements for cooperation among all the major Norwegian industrial companies.
The historical background of Norwegian University of Science and Technology’s engineering research dates from the beginning of the 20th century, a time in which Norway’s premier electric railroad, called the Thamshavn Line, had been successfully designed and constructed in Trondheim as an AC tramway, using Trondheim-based technologies.
- No school fees are charged at Norwegian University of Science and Technology;
- Each student is responsible for their personal expenses;
- In addition, all international students who are not EU/EEA/EFTA nationals are required to possess sufficient funds to be able to continue their life in Norway for the purpose of obtaining a student visa.
Applicants are required to:
- Candidates for the Tuition-Free English Master’s programs are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in a significant subject area, with a minimum GPA of at least C. Check the program of study of their chosen program for more information on the official website for details of specific academic qualifications. The bachelor’s degree is required to be obtained before the semester begins at Norwegian University of Science and Technology in August;
- Candidates are required to demonstrate a high level of English proficiency at the university level and may be required to report TOEFL or IELTS test results. Consult the Norwegian University of Science and Technology’s official website for English proficiency specifications. English exams can be taken no more than two years earlier. However, English exams passed before December 1, two years before the date of the application, are not accepted. The one exceptional case is the Cambridge test, which is valid for life.
The closing dates for admission to this scholarship may change due to the current restrictions as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. Please consult the official website for more details on the application procedure for this scholarship.