University of Geneva Excellence Faculty of Science Masters Fellowships
Being one of the most famous institutions in Switzerland, the University of Geneva is a proud partner of the League of European Research Universities, which involves many academic institutions as well as the European Association of Universities.
The university’s main objectives are teaching, research and service to the community. In collaboration with several international partnerships, the university has set up a scholarship program designed to support highly motivated and successful students interested in continuing a Master of Science degree in any of the fields offered by the University. The basis for the choice of candidates is based on excellence.
About the Scholarship:
The Excellence Faculty of Sciences Masters Fellowships are now available for Masters and International Students to have the opportunity to pursue their studies in the fields of : Environment, Astrology, Computer Science, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Physics at the University Of Geneva, Switzerland.
- Host University: University Of Geneva;
- Host Country: Switzerland;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Study Level: Masters Level;
- Scholarship Worth: 10,000CHF – 15,000CHF;
- Available Subjects: Environment, Astrology, Computer Science, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Physics.
- Eligible Countries: International Students
- Application Deadline: March 15.
The excellence scholarship involves a financial contribution of CHF 10,000 to 15,000 annually; it is provided for a period of one year and is renewed for the normal term of the chosen master’s program, i.e. for three or four semesters, based on academic success achieved at the end of the first semester of study.
In order for their application to be accepted, every applicant has to complete the registration process as detailed on the website of the admissions office.
To apply, applicants are required to successfully complete the admission requirements for the master’s degree of their choice and to be accepted into the program on the merit scholarship application form.
The application must be in English or French and should contain the attached documents as a pdf format only:
- A scanning of the national identity card or passport;
- A scanning of the UNIGE card or, if not already a UNIGE student, a letter from the central administration entitled “Acknowledgement of receipt of registration application” proving that the procedure for registration has been started;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Record of the exams taken while studying for the bachelor’s degree, with all the marks;
- A motivation letter describing specific scientific background and motivation to continue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva;
- Recommendation letters signed by two professors, sent by them directly to Excellence-Master-Sciences@unige.ch, attesting to your suitability for this program;
- Other relevant information, such as the results of the General Aptitude Test, TOEFL or other language test.
Please visit the official website for more information: