Guess you are here to know how to check your Bank Verification Number which is also known as BVN which is the biggest form of identification to register or create an bank account in Nigeria .
So we are going to explain step by step guide how to check your BVN on all networks like MTN, GLO, AIRTEL and 9MOBILE.The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), which was founded March 1958 by the house of representatives of Nigeria, CBN launch the BVN project in February 14 2014 with the purpose of capturing biometrics of all bank account owners and giving them a unique 11 digits number called the bank verification number.
WHAT IS BVN?
The BVN is a personal security number, and it is not an identification number that someone should be careless about. Your BVN should be personal, Having a BVN is currently compulsory to own and operate a bank account in Nigeria. Bank accounts without BVN can locked until it’s verified, This law applies to all bank in the country and to check your BVN.
HOW TO GET A BVN?
The bank verification number can be created easily as far you are up to a minimum age of 18yrs,Below are steps you can follow on how to get a bank verification number
- Go to any bank office.
- Request for the BVN enrolment form.
- Fill in and submit the BVN Enrolment form.
- Present yourself for data recording (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc.)
- An acceptance slip with the transaction ID is issued to you.
- Within a period of 24hours, the system confirms your application, your BVN is generated, and you receive an SMS alert on how to get it.
HOW TO CHECK YOUR BVN ON ALL NETWORKS
Basically, an average number of Nigerians do misplace where they store their bank verification number for safe keeping or forget the number. We are going to provide you the necessary tips on how to retrieve or access your BVN without going to the bank.
To check your BVN using Glo, MTN, 9mobile and Airtel, Follow the instructions given below;
- Using the phone number used for BVN enrolment process Dial *565*0#.
- You will be charged a service fee of N20 from the phone number.
- Kindly wait until your BVN popup on the screen.
- Now, make sure your store the bank verification number somewhere so you will be able to access anytime.
BENEFIT OF BEING A BVN OWNER
The bank verification number as a lot of benefit and also what it can be used for, Let look at some reasons you need to get a BVN.
- The BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all banks in Nigeria.
- With BVN, Financial institutions can track customers, especially in loan repayment and others.
- Have a BVN limits the risks you get on your bank account from hackers.
- The BVN database are being store to provide important information which are called bio-data (it includes names, phone numbers, addresses, dates of birth).
- Standardized efficiency of Banking operations.